HisRights shared The Florida Bar's post.
6 days ago
If the exhaulted lawyers can have mental stress and emotional trauma, what does it say about the regular lay person, who is fighting in the system as Self-Represented?!??The January Florida Bar Journal is now online ...
And it's one EVERY lawyer in America should read.
This month's edition is a special one. It delves into an issue that is near and dear to ours and our members' hearts: The mental health and wellness of the *entire* legal profession.
Here's a look at some of the important articles we hope you'll take the time to read:
1. COVER STORY: Board of Governors member and chair of the Bar’s Special Committee on Mental Health and Wellness of Florida Lawyers, Dori Foster-Morales, discusses the Bar’s efforts to destigmatize mental-health and substance-abuse issues in this month’s cover feature: bit.ly/2AGeJq7
2. Patrick Krill, lead author of the 2016 ABA/Hazelden Betty Ford study on the prevalence of substance use and mental health disorders in the legal profession, reveals some startling and disturbing statistics regarding alcohol use and mental-health issues among lawyers: bit.ly/2Cvb5Vd
3. “The morning before I got sober, I downed nearly a bottle of red wine and snorted a few lines of cocaine as part of my regular routine getting ready for work….” Lisa Smith and Brian Cuban share their recovery stories – stories that ring true for too many Florida lawyers: bit.ly/2CIRdyC & bit.ly/2m9kirT
4. Are you or a colleague struggling with substance abuse or mental health issues? For more than 30 years, Florida Lawyers Assistance has offered free, confidential help to Florida lawyers. In his article in this month’s Journal, Dr. Scott Weinstein discusses some of the treatment options available to lawyers in need of help: bit.ly/2FhSUAW
5. Why are so many lawyers unhappy? Lawrence Krieger, a law professor at Florida State University College of Law, has made a study of this question. In his article in the Journal, he explores some of the most important factors for a more fulfilling career as a lawyer: bit.ly/2mfViAd
Read these stories and more here: www.floridabar.org/news/tfb-journal/ ... See MoreSee Less
2 weeks ago
Hallo to everyone and a happy new year to all I realy hope this will be the year for change. I am looking to do a live feed again on the 14th January 9am Brisbane Australia time can everyone who is overseas look up the time diffirence please, would love to get more on board to share their thoughts and stories of the past year, if possible please leave comment below if you are on board for this looking forward on catching up.
Hi again just thought I put this time map up for everyone one to see so then you could work out the time difference between me and where you are in the world.
Brisbane Queensland is on the western side of Australia tried to draw it in but fingers are to big haha. ... See MoreSee Less
HisRights shared Fathers Justice's post.
4 weeks ago
rest and grieve, but use the time to recover and gain strength...
stay safe and sane, to live another day is important. ... See MoreSee Less
It is time to make an end to domestic violence, and this can only happen if we hear the silent cries of all human victims, regardless of gender!